Quilting, Farming, Variety

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Doll Clothes

I'm a bit late with these new clothes for Isabelle.

Imagine our surprise when we found a Christmas present for her, mixed in with all the other gifts.   And inside the box was this sweet knitted sweater!  My oldest daughter had made it for her and it goes perfectly with her plaid, pleated skirt and her boots.

I made a velveteen jacket for her to wear with her bias plaid skirt.  Notice she's wearing black, Mary Jane shoes; these were a gift to her from my middle daughter.

This dress was for school.  I've always loved plaids; I guess you can tell.  Well, anyway, I've put the doll clothes patterns away for now, and have started piecing quilt blocks; I find it a lot less stressful!

Charlotte



12 comments:

  1. These outfits are all so adorable, Charlotte! The gifts for Isabelle are wonderful too. I have always been fond of plaids myself. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved each outfit, the sweater was adorable. I enjoyed my visit, hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte - you are amazing! And, how nice that your daughters were thoughtful to give Isabelle some adorable clothes.

    I remember Mary Jane's - I didn't have them, but my daughter did. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isabelle looks like a happy little country girl dressed in her oh-so-wonderful new plaids! I can only imagine how happy she was on Christmas to find that gorgeous new sweater (great job, Greta), and her own new pair of black Mary Jane's! Do I see embroidery around the pretty little collar in the last picture?

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is no way I could knit such a week sweater--I love it!!!
    I had Patent Leather shoes, but not Mary Janes. My baby sister had them, OF COURSE, because she was so spoiled!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty gal! Any young girl, or doll, would love such a collection. Very stylish! What fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet that Isabelle received a Christmas gift of her own! You have very special daughters. Adorable outfits. I love Mary Jane shoes and had them when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep meaning to redo the beret in a size to fit her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love plaids and these are so cute. I wish i could do that. You have an awesome talent. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a wonderful loving family to include Isabelle in your celebrate. She's the best dressed and luckiest little baby-doll around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet that your daughters also contribute to Isabelle's wardrobe! Such pretty clothing! A quilt? Cant wait to see what you are creating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isabelle is a very cared for doll! Love the pretty clothes! Cant wait to see your quilt!

    ReplyDelete