Quilting, Farming, Variety

Sunday, May 28, 2017

To The Barn

I slipped off to the barn like a naughty child this afternoon to see these:

The farmer has been feeding the cats for me and told me about the kittens a few days ago.  It's been a little over three weeks since I have done my barn chores and I'm missing out on a lot of changes.  I was also bottle feeding a little calf, a twin forsaken by its mother;  the farmer feeds her too.   A lot of the time when  a cow has twins, one will stay behind and one will follow her and she never goes back to get the other.



The other twin with the mother:

Since I'm not supposed to bend over with my head lower than my behind :) I've had to make some changes to my daily inside chores too.  For instance, the bedspreads have not been pulled up for almost three weeks; however, I do straighten the sheets and quilts.  I sweep, then leave small piles for the farmer to collect in the dustpan; the piles might sit there for a couple of days but he gets around to it before too long. :)  I've tried not to ask him to do "everything" for me.  

I've crocheted and embroidered to pass the time, so I'll share some of that at another time.  

Charlotte

15 comments:

  1. The kittens are so tiny and cute. They look so snugglable.
    The calves are adorable. I never knew that about twin calves. It's so sad. I'm thankful you and the Farmer are taking care of the twin. I know it enjoys the attention.
    I'm thankful to hear you're up and about and getting back into the swing of things. I'm glad you're being careful. I like that the Farmer helps with the dust pan even at every couple days. You're a good patient and a wonderful wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baby calves, and y'all two for one! :)

    Hoping you'll be able to schedule the cataract surgery soon; you'll feel so much better..
    My thoughts and prayers are fill you Charlotte. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness gracious, looks like I should be I bed; so many typos. 'y'all got two for one'
    My thoughts and pray are WITH YOU Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love kittens! They should put that kitten smell in a candle. Glad you're doing ok, ask your ophthalmologist when you can bend over and lift things next time you see him, I think you should be healed enough where you can do that before too much longer. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of so many restrictions for after you have had a cataract removed, most within a week you are back to do everything you always did - did you have complications? Sorry you can not do all that you want to do

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kittens are so adorable. It would be hard to stay away. I would sneak peeks too. It is sad about how a momma cow will walk away from her calf. So happy you can bottle feed them. Your life on the farm is so exciting, and I imagine a lot of work too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kittens and calves are so sweet. So glad you could get out to see them. I hope your eyes continue to heal so that you can get back to feeling like yourself again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for the farmer to get involved in some housekeeping! I love the kitties. Surely you will choose one for your special kitty to stay inside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. take care of yourself, love the kittens and calves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The kittens and calves are adorable. So good of the farmer to help you out around the house. You will be your old self in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Farmers have plenty to do, so it is easy to see why it might take him a little longer to do some household chores. That and the fact that men just don't see these things (it's in their genes, LOL) He sounds like his is being a sweetheart. The kittens are so sweet and the little calf . . . I just want to huge him :)
    Here's to a speedy recovery.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those kittens are adorable. I would have slipped out too for a look. Isn't it hard to stop doing all the things we are used to doing? I rarely ask for help with anything, but two years ago when I had back problems (three herniated disks) and could not stand up straight, I had to ask. I didn't know that about twin calves. How sweet that your husband is caring for the calf and the kittens now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute kittens. How could Mama cow turn her back on such a sweet face.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awe, they're so adorable. I know you're like me, chomping at the bits to get back into things but we have to do as we can. Take care and like the old saying, it'll be there when you get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you get well soon. I love the animal photos. The kittens are adorable.

    ReplyDelete