Friday, January 11, 2013

Puzzled


If you've read my blog for the past year, then you know how much I like working jigsaw puzzles in January.  As soon as Christmas is over and everything is put away, it seems like it's time to relax in the evenings with a new puzzle.  This one was a real doozy!  The quilt in the middle of the picture was the last part I put together.  And no wonder!  Every piece had the same colors, and so I ended up putting little sections of it together by the shapes of the pieces.


This was a good puzzle for an old quilter like myself.  The blue quilt is made in the Double Wedding Ring pattern; I've pieced a couple of these by hand and they're almost like a fabric puzzle.

I let it sit on the work surface for a few days to enjoy, and now it's torn apart and back in the box.  Do you enjoy working jigsaw puzzles in the winter?  I know it makes some people nervous or they consider it a waste of time.

Charlotte
 

11 comments:

  1. I have not worked a jigsaw in some time now, when the grandchildren were younger when I visited with them I would help them with children puzzles but I don't care to do them myself, years ago though when hubby and I first married and didn't have the electronics we do now days -namely the internet and gadgets we used to do puzzles at times and if we really liked them we would coat them with a puzzle glue which held them together and we would them frame them for inexpensive art on the walls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing puzzles but have kinda got away from them over the years but looking at your pretty puzzle with those pretty quilts makes me want to start one..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love puzzles too, Charlotte... but my favorite thing is coloring books. I've felt silly sometimes buying crayons and coloring books, but I really enjoy it and it helps me relax!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love jigsaw puzzles! I usually work a few during the winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We get puzzles out sometimes, the whole family works on it here and there, the last one we got at the thrift store and had pieces missing, that was a bit of a bummer but still fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strange
    that I cannot sit still long enough
    to work puzzles. My son gave me a beatiful one a few years ago with an Angel in the woods and never could put it together.
    You are smart :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like seeing a puzzle in progress on a table...who can resist trying to fit in just one piece, then perhaps another.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I used to work puzzles, but looks like you love to do this. What a wonderful hobby for winter. You are so smart to do these puzzles. Wish I had the patience to do them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your puzzle. Especially since it has quilts on it. I think of quilts like puzzles; trying to fit all the pieces together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pertty puzzle: perfect for you!
    But it's sad that all that work just gets torn apart and put back in the box...maybe you should work it again and frame it???

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a honey of a puzzle. I love puzzles too. We have a box of every puzzle our grandson & us have put together. There's probably a dozen or so from tiny to quite big. Our grandson won't let me put them back in their boxes. lol
    Winter time is a perfect time for puzzles. :)

    ReplyDelete