and a Happy New Year to my blogging friends! Thank you so much for the kind words you have left in your comments. The past three years I have chosen projects to make each month: doll quilts, aprons, and hope chest additions. This year I don't plan to work on specific projects since it puts a lot of pressure on me to finish each month and sometimes it's almost impossible to meet a dead line.
The final hope chest addition is a Christmas apron made like a vintage apron I have had for a long time. The pattern was cut from brown paper, wrinkled and smudged. I made a few changes to the shape of the skirt; rather than having points this one is straight across the bottom and I left off the holly leaves.
This is the vintage apron. Overall, I wasn't too pleased with my green apron. First, the face seems too large for the skirt. Second, I wish I had used a pattern for a full apron with no gathered skirt. But, it does have a little holiday cheer to it; they can't all be winners! (No pockets in this one either, Ernestine :)
Now I will focus on putting the flying geese units together and put them on the quilting frames for a winter's work ~ after Christmas.