Monday, January 4, 2010

Sabbatical, Day 1 - SNOW!!!!

This is not meant to be a slam against my family, but my biggest fear is that we are going to have one of those winters in which we get a lot of snow. Normally, that would be just fine - except this winter I'm supposed to be working on learning web design and design software. Which is excessively difficult to do with other people in the house, playing Wii and watching movies with the surround sound on and expecting an actual meal at lunchtime instead of a bowl of cereal or whatever leftovers are in the fridge.

Today was supposed to be the first day back to school for everybody, and I was excited to start something. Except....there was "freezing fog" that turned all the roads into ice sheets. I thought I would at least work on setting up my goals and objectives; so far, I've listed four general goals (the very same ones I've had listed for months) and one objective....bleah. But...I've also done quite a bit of the ironing, and cleaned the bathroom, and kept the fire going. (That doesn't sound like much, suddenly, lol.)

If it is one of those really unusual winters - and Arkansas is due to have one after 32 years - I better learn to find a quiet spot or to do some selective ignoring! I don't want to waste my only chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment