Sunday, June 2, 2013

June Apron

 
The June apron is another one from my Denise Clason book, Sewing Vintage Aprons.  It is a "full" apron made in a blue cotton print, trimmed with black bias tape.  There are ties, sewn into a side dart above the pocket, to fasten the apron around the waist and the neck straps fasten with buttons; it will give good coverage.
 
Somehow this apron, and the print,  make me think of the farmer's grandmother;  I seem to remember she usually had on an apron when we would visit her.
 
To quote Ms Clason, "Sew an apron for yourself...bring back the nostalgia of the past...bring out the inner chef in you as you make your own memories..."
 
Charlotte

10 comments:

  1. The apron is very pretty (and so is the model!). You did a great job on this Charlotte. Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog today, it was so nice to meet you. I love Susie's blog too, she is such a sweet person and her poetry really touches my heart. What a beautiful apron. I like to make and collect aprons too. They really brighten my day. I also enjoy knitting, crocheting and needlepoint. I am working on a pair of lace knitted, cherry colored gloves at the moment. Your quilting is wonderful! You are a very talented and have such an interesting blog, thanks again for stopping by! Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the apron, my mother always wore one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful apron Charlotte. You always do such a great job on everything, be it aprons, quilts, etc.. I hope you have a nice week.xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would wear this one all the time! It does look like one Mam-maw would wear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a practical and pretty apron. Your model is a cutie.
    I'm planning on making an apron or three ;) as soon as I get my projects caught up with. Probably this fall.
    I'm especially enjoying your aprons because you have such wonderful ones and it gives me ideas of what type or how I want to make mine.
    I hope you have a lovely rest of the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A yellow bowl like that one was my mom's "potato salad bowl"!

    Nice apron, too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful, Charlotte!! I love those "full-coverage" aprons... and your model is just the cutest thing ever! (Must take after Grandma... *grin*)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are having a nice Sunday.. Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I don't get many chances these days.. I know you're bound to be busy on the farm. You take care and have a nice week.. Blessings and love, Susie

    ReplyDelete