Friday, September 14, 2012

Baby Quilt ~ Scattered Dots

 
Will you believe I do other things besides complaining about the weather?  Actually, the drought has taken me from the fields and given me time to quilt more this summer.

This is a baby quilt made from a pattern tutorial on Amy's blog, www.duringquiettime.blogspot.com .  You may remember, I made a doll quilt by the same pattern.  For the baby quilt I simply made the strips longer and wider and the dots larger.  The binding is made from pieces of fabric like the dots.

Now I think I'll let the frames stand empty for a while and get out some WIP things, such as a topsy-turvy doll and a crochet project, maybe even another apron.  Can't let this old mind go idle!

Charlotte

13 comments:

  1. I can't imagine you idle Charlotte. You are always creating something lovely.
    This one is so cute - love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky baby, girl or boy, who gets this quilt...really, really nice work! But, I can't see the frames empty for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. Some baby will really love this.. You have the right to complain.. You have a heart of gold.. Love your work..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. But then love all of your quilts. Wish I lived near and I could sit "still" with you.
    Have a wonderful day..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is so sweet. I'm partial to dots. Hope you got some good rains.
    We did down here in the valley. So much so we have tons of toad stools dotting the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought I'd pop back over and thank you for the sweet words on mine.. I was thinking of you when I wrote the post. And praying you got some rain.. See I complain alot and sometimes without reason.. You have plenty of reason, but we all do have our own share of problems..I will put some pics up of my quilts soon..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh~ I love those colors, Charlotte! You have such a gift for picking out the perfect colors to go with each other!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! That is one good thing about quilting and needlework. It can take us away from the stress of every day living and give us something beautiful to reflect on. My prayers are with you......Mother Nature will soon get to behaving better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the baby quilt with dots. It's very lovely. I hope by now you have gotten rain and the drought has broken.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a good and prolific quilter. Your family is very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really appreciate what you post. You have a new subscriber now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love seeing your quilts, Charlotte. They're all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like this quilt. It's so colorful and simple. I have a new grand coming in Dec. I might give this quilt a try.

    ReplyDelete