Quilting, Farming, Variety

Friday, September 21, 2012

Trip Around the World Quilt

 
Just how large do you think this quilt is?  Pictures can be deceiving you know.  Actually the quilt is about 11" x 9", just right for a Barbie doll, and is called A Trip Around the World.  Did I sew these tiny blocks together?  Well, yes and no.  This type of quilt is called a postage stamp or watercolor quilt.  There are a few steps to making it successfully and rather than take a chance I'd confuse you, here is a website with a tutorial explaining how it is made:

Go to Google, and type in "Tutorial for making watercolor quilts using fusible interfacing", then scroll down to Elizabeth's Fabric Focus ~ Quick-Piece Tiny Squares << Sew Mama...

I have interfacing; may try another with larger squares this time.

Charlotte




10 comments:

  1. My goodness, Charlotte~ from the picture you would think it was big enough for a bed!
    I'll have to check out the link, I've never heard of that before.
    I love the Sew Mama Sew website~ she has some wonderful ideas and neat tips on there.
    Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling quilt! Do you have a globetrotting Barbie who will appreciate it? I'm amazed by the amount of work it represents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure looks like a full bed quilt.. Wow, That's one pattern I've been wanting to try.. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A "watercolor" quilt...I can see this one done in paints...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved this quilt pattern. It is so colorful and full of movement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. teeny-tiny blocks. You are a master!

    ReplyDelete
  7. teeny-tiny blocks. You are a master!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My gosh Charlotte what excellent work you do. Yes it does look like a large quilt, what a neat quilt though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and tiny! I love making minis, but not that minature indeed. Thanks for a beautiful inspirations...

    ReplyDelete