Friday, September 21, 2012

Trip Around the World Quilt

 
Just how large do you think this quilt is?  Pictures can be deceiving you know.  Actually the quilt is about 11" x 9", just right for a Barbie doll, and is called A Trip Around the World.  Did I sew these tiny blocks together?  Well, yes and no.  This type of quilt is called a postage stamp or watercolor quilt.  There are a few steps to making it successfully and rather than take a chance I'd confuse you, here is a website with a tutorial explaining how it is made:

Go to Google, and type in "Tutorial for making watercolor quilts using fusible interfacing", then scroll down to Elizabeth's Fabric Focus ~ Quick-Piece Tiny Squares << Sew Mama...

I have interfacing; may try another with larger squares this time.

Charlotte




10 comments:

  1. My goodness, Charlotte~ from the picture you would think it was big enough for a bed!
    I'll have to check out the link, I've never heard of that before.
    I love the Sew Mama Sew website~ she has some wonderful ideas and neat tips on there.
    Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling quilt! Do you have a globetrotting Barbie who will appreciate it? I'm amazed by the amount of work it represents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure looks like a full bed quilt.. Wow, That's one pattern I've been wanting to try.. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A "watercolor" quilt...I can see this one done in paints...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved this quilt pattern. It is so colorful and full of movement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. teeny-tiny blocks. You are a master!

    ReplyDelete
  7. teeny-tiny blocks. You are a master!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My gosh Charlotte what excellent work you do. Yes it does look like a large quilt, what a neat quilt though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and tiny! I love making minis, but not that minature indeed. Thanks for a beautiful inspirations...

    ReplyDelete