Thursday, September 6, 2012

Blue String Stars Quilt

In April I wrote about this quilt and how I had to piece a strip to make the lining long enough.  Then I put it in the frames, so it took me almost five months to finish it.

 
It's a really long quilt ~ why I ever thought it needed to be this long, I have no idea, since no one in my family is this tall!  I remember thinking it would take me all summer to finish it, and it did, even though the drought kept me from the hay fields.   But finally, it's finished!

 
I turned back one corner of the quilt so the row of lengthening strips can be seen.  Since the inner border of the quilt was a red print, I added red prints to border the strips and also for the binding; gives a real punch to the blue.
 
 
The quilt was machine pieced and hand quilted.  You gotta love blue to like this quilt!
 
We've been without chickens for about two weeks now, and won't get anymore for a few days, so I have a baby quilt in the frames, hoping to finish it before going back to work.
 
Charlotte
 
 
 

17 comments:

  1. beautiful quilt - it should fit a bed perfectly. Wonderful quilting on it.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is absolutely wonderful. I love blues and your work looks perfect. So thankful to have found a friend who loves quilts as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I admire you for all of the handquilting that you do. The blues are lovely.

    Have a wonderful and Blessed day
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. You're a true artist with your quilting.The colors are amazing and so cheerful. Your quilt will be warm to snuggle under this winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite the resume on your talents and hard work. This is a beautiful quilt and your work is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I think that quilt is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! It is really a work of art. And I like long quilts. They can tuck under the mattress at the end of the bed, and that way they don't get pulled out of place so easily! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty - I think you came up with a perfect solution to the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is absolutely stunning Charlotte. The colors are perfect. You, my friend, are gifted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous quilt, Charlotte! I love the blues...
    Do you ever sell your quilts? Or do you share them all with family members? They're treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's some wonderful work done on that quilt..I love the pattern to..Quilting is time consuming but so worth it..You are great at it my friend..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this quilt. I'm always drawn to blues.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning! You did an amazing job on it! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, Charlotte~ it is so beautiful!! Why, it would take me years to do something like that and when it was finished it still wouldn't be that pretty.
    Hope you are doing good.... did you all get any rain from the storm?

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very pretty Blue Quilt you have made. Wonderful Quilting. Such a big quilt to do hand quilting on; and you finished the back off wonderful too! Enjoy seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great work, Charlotte!

    Could you please send me your email. I couldn't find it in your profile and wanted to thank you for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog post :)

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so nice! I made a king size quilt once. It was red, white and blue and I hand quilted it. I didn't think I was ever going to finish it, but I did.

    ReplyDelete