In April I wrote about this quilt and how I had to piece a strip to make the lining long enough. Then I put it in the frames, so it took me almost five months to finish it.
I turned back one corner of the quilt so the row of lengthening strips can be seen. Since the inner border of the quilt was a red print, I added red prints to border the strips and also for the binding; gives a real punch to the blue.
The quilt was machine pieced and hand quilted. You gotta love blue to like this quilt!
We've been without chickens for about two weeks now, and won't get anymore for a few days, so I have a baby quilt in the frames, hoping to finish it before going back to work.