The spider web quilt is finally finished! I started working on it in November, 2011, so that is about five months of off and on quilting.
The backing is a small tan and brown print from Connecting Threads. I like to use prints for linings; they cover a multitude of quilting "sins".
This is how I fixed the backing for the Ohio String Stars top. Since the sides of the top had a thin strip of red for the inside border, I attached a red strip to each side of the insertion which was needed to make the lining long enough. It worked! Now since this is such a large quilt, it will probably be much longer than five months before I finish it, especially since hay season will soon begin. I sorta dread looking at it for that long. lol