Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's Already Been Done

After posting photos of the Wal Mart contest blocks, it was suggested that I use the idea to make an entire quilt. Well, it's already been done:

I used the free paper piecing pattern created by Caryl Bryer Fallert (www.bryerpatch.com/pattern/pattern.htm) when I made the contest block. I loved working with the small flying geese in a circle pattern, so decided to use it in a baby quilt. I chose to hand applique dutch dolls and farmer boys inside the circles, then I did reverse applique to put the circles onto the blocks, and finished it off with a flying geese border. The scrappy geese gave the quilt a lot of color. I entered the quilt in our county fair last fall and it came home with this ribbon; no explanation for its purpose, but a note on the back of the quilt said, "Judges loved this quilt", so I was honored. This is a perfect pattern for using up tiny scraps!

1 comment:

  1. I see why the judges loved this quilt!! The colorful "scrappy geese" make a beautiful border.

    ReplyDelete