Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Another Colorful Baby Quilt

A baby quilt, very colorful, from scrappy, paper pieced, 3" blocks with pale green strips running diagonally across each block, tying them all together, and enclosed with the same green for a border. The backing is from the same fabric as the outer border; it was hand quilted and bound with the green. The strips were pieced on 3 1/2" squares of newspaper which is cheap and tears off easily. These string quilts have to be a favorite of mine; they're so bright!




Wouldn't you like to try string piecing? It's a good project for these hot summer days.


Charlotte


5 comments:

  1. That is truly beautiful. I love scrap quilts. I've always wanted to make one. I've been saving a bag a scraps for a long time. Maybe someday I'll put one together. Yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would like to give it a try...afraid I have a long, long way to go before I would be able to make something like this! Your string quilts are on my favorites list, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful one Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to be able to quilt--
    period! Don't have the time or
    patience to learn I guess. Yours
    are really beautiful. Do you make
    quilts for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos of your quilts. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete