Saturday, June 11, 2011

News Flash!

NEWS FLASH: Humpty Dumpty Sat on a Wall

Reporter: Do I understand your name is Mother Goose? Can you tell me what you saw today?


Mother Goose: It all started a while back; Humpty Dumpty got it in his head he wanted to sit on the red brick wall. I told him it wasn't a good idea, but I could tell by the way he looked at me with those beady black eyes of his, he would do as he pleased. So, today he talked someone into putting him up there on the wall. Things went fine for a while, then his confidence grew and he began swinging his blue stockinged legs back and forth. The next thing I knew, he tumbled off; took a great fall! They called in the king's horses and the king's men, but you know, they couldn't put him back together again. Now he's just a pile of shattered egg shell among the spring flowers. So sad!! sniff, sniff




Have a blessed Sunday and make it a point to smile at someone,


Charlotte





6 comments:

  1. This is too cute. I love it. It is so whimsical :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story to go along with that adorable quilt block.
    Have a blessed Sunday Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny - you have such a good imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your imagination and story.. Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. *teehee* Thanks for the chuckle... this was too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute post - beautiful embroidery!

    ReplyDelete