Tuesday, June 7, 2011

More of the Hay Harvest

I've missed visiting with my friends the past couple of days. The weather is hot and dry, perfect for putting up the hay, but not so good for the garden.


We baled two afternoons in this field, and one afternoon in another field, for a total of 200 plus. We baled this afternoon too.

On Monday we hauled a little over half of it. It only takes a few minutes to unload the twelve bales we can haul on the trailer, but that is a few minutes I wait, so I took my Bible to read a few verses. Psalms 90 was where I opened the pages and how well verses four - six went with the day's work: For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night. Thou carriest them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep: in the morning they are like grass which groweth up. In the morning it flourisheth, and groweth up; in the evening it is cut down and withereth.

Although I have been absent, I read your words before ending my day.


Charlotte

5 comments:

  1. I thought perhaps you were in the fields. Our neighbor is cutting hay today and I thought of you.

    Love Psalms. May your work be productive and your days cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're having good weather to work. (But hoping for some rain soon for your garden.)
    What a perfect Bible verse for your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. busy time of year for farmers. I hope you get plenty of hay in for your cattle -
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You use your time so wisely Charlotte. What a lot you have accomplished. You have my deepest admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been so busy. I hope you get to rest soon.

    ReplyDelete